Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Medical Record Maintenance
• Maintains tracking system for physicians’ orders, including but not limited to Plans of care, therapy evaluations and verbal orders to maintain compliance with billing process.
• Reviews new patient charts for accuracy of data and presence of necessary documentation.
• Reviews patient charts upon recertification and discharge for presence of necessary documentation.
• Tracks outstanding documentation affecting billing.
• Works with the Business Development team to ensure face to face documents are received timely and are complete per Medicare/Medicaid requirements.
• Notifies management as needed when documentation is delinquent from staff.
• Assists with chart audits for review prior to billing claim.
• Inputs/ edits data corrections as needed.
• Maintains ongoing scheduling of patient visits for all clinicians
• Assigns clinicians and schedules visits based on patient needs, staff experience and location.
• Assigns appropriate Oasis tasks as needed and monitors for completion.
• Maintains schedules based on physicians orders and insurance requirements.
• Monitors clinician schedules to maintain a productive workload.
• Monitors scheduling reports to ensure schedule and visit accuracy.
• Assists in tracking of required authorizations.
• Maintains communication with all field staff regarding updates and changes to schedule.
• Collect, compile and report data on diagnosis specific protocols.
• Handles patient inquiries regarding assigned staff and scheduled visits.
General Office Duties
• Answer multi-line phone system as needed.
• Scans documentation into Electronic Medical Record.
• May organizes, order and maintain medical supplies on a daily basis, or as needed by field staff.
• May perform duties of Operation Assistant as needed and based on size of office.
• Attends Case Conference as assigned.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• 1 year home care experience preferred
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Experience with EMRs
• Great customer service experience
• Knowledge of Medicare rules and regulations