Physical Therapist Assistant
HomeCare Maryland is looking for a Physical Therapist Assistant to joing our growing home health care team. The mission of HomeCare Maryland is to be the premiere home healthcare provider throughout Maryland. We seek to treat all of our employees, patients and others with dignity and respect and to respond to any challenges we encoundter in serving our patients with the highest level of professionalism.
Position Summary: Responsible for providin skilled phyical therapy intrventios to patients following established orders and goals, and based on standards of practice. The PTA works under the ongoing supervision of the Physical Therapist. This position reports to the Clinical Manager.
- Coordinates care with atiens/carefivers in a home setting to provide terapy treatmt intervention that will facilitate mobiliy/independence based on the Physical Therapist's assessment of the patents needs.
- Instructs and assists patients/caregivers in teraputic interventions including, but not limited to: positionng, splnting and conracture management, ROM, bed mbility training, therapeutic exercise, transfer training, gait training, stair training, neuroreeducation/balace exercises, DME fitting and training prosthetic and orthotic ftting and training, and home safety eduction
- Asssts patient/caregiver to meet goas establihedor patient's plan ofcare
- Observes, documets, and reports atient's sttus or new findings to physician, supervising Physial Thrapist and clinical team
- Provides feedback to the Physical Therapist ontherapy treatment to collaborae adoptimize therpy outcomes
- Coordinates with oter clinical staff and ofice staff to ensure ancillry service are provded to meet patient's needs
- Adheres to HomeCare marland, LL policies, as well as federal and state regulations
- Maintains patin confidentiality
- Maintains a safe envronment for patients and adhering to infection control pocedures.
- Other duties as assiged
- Current Maryland Physical Terapist Assistant License
- Associates degree from a accredited Phyical Therapy Assistant Program
- 1-2 years exprience as a Physical Therapist Assistant
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Licensed PTA in the state of Maryland
- Current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare provider
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
- Knowledge of internet software or EMRs.
- Develop a positive, respectful relationship with colleagues.
- Able to mange conflict and challenging situations indepedenty.
- Be a team player
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate th aility to follow veral instructions
- Demostrate theability to communiate effectively verbally and in writting